Skip Hire Guide
Home use skip hire
At Ward's we try to provide you with the most appropriate solution for your requirements and even offer a 'fill while we wait service'.
Our friendly staff can help you choose the most appropriate skip for your needs but remember our vehicles must be able to access where you want the skip to be placed, and pick it up from the same position. This will require a vehicle clearance width of 7 feet.
Should you need a skip to be located on the road (or any Public Highway) this isn't a problem but you will require a Public Highways Permit. We can arrange this for you but there is a small additional cost.
There are several new legislations which cover the disposal of fridges, television sets, florescent tubes and many other household items and although Ward are licensed to dispose of all these items it is important that you read guidelines below about what can go in skip.
What can go in a skip?
The Environment Agency has a full breakdown of what the correct procedure is for the disposal of almost anything but on the whole anything considered in the list below can be disposed of in a skip, although if you are a business it is your obligation to record and code the contents according to new legislation.
- General building waste
- General household waste
- General garden waste
- Scrap metal
What can't go in a skip?
- Asbestos - We are specialists in the disposal of Asbestos and have a variety of services available please email us for details.
- Gas Cylinders
- Pressurised Containers
- Paint Tins
- Food Waste
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Liquids of any description.
Please contact our hazardous waste team if you have any of the above you need to dispose of and we will advise on the correct procedure to comply with current legislation on 0845 337 5050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic Skips - Pricing
Ward Recycling operates a very simple price structure. All prices are quoted based on the following factors:
- Size of skip required. The size of the skip required affects the amount of waste that needs to be recycled/managed. The more waste – the higher the cost.
- Location of site. We price the hire using a post code system enabling us offer the most competitive price.
- Type of waste. Certain types of waste require more specialised, and therefore more expensive, management.
- Length of hire. The longer you need the skip, the more it will cost. However, our major cost is for the first day of hire: the sooner you fill it, the cheaper it will be! Ward recycling is committed to offering the lowest prices amongst all our competitors for any given skip.
In order to obtain an instant quote and/or order, click here.