1946: Company founded by Donald Ward at Woodville near Burton-on-Trent in Staffordshire, specialising in the recycling of ferrous metals.
1981: The Company invests approximately £250,000 in the acquisition of a Henschel SV550E 500 tonne Scrap Shear. Installed at The Company’s Woodville Site. The Companies first investment in large scale processing equipment.
1990: ISO9001 quality accreditation granted to Ward Recycling.
1993: Major investment in Health and Safety Welfare begins. The beginning of a huge investment that is ongoing in people, provisions, controls and facilities in order to promote competence in Health and Safety Welfare.
2002: Ward Recycling purchases £5m a 10 acre site at Ilkeston in Derbyshire, the start of a £5m programme of investment in this new facility.
2004: Redox waste recycling plant opens at Ilkeston. Mobile Lefort Shear acquired.
2005: Bespoke recycling centre due for opening
2006: The Company invests in the upgrading End of Life Vehicle processing facilities. Installation of dedicated ELV Workshops at both The Company’s Ilkeston and Woodville Sites.
2007: ISO14001 quality accreditation granted to Ward Recycling.
2008: New shredder installation