The Company was established in the 1930's specialising in the recycling of ferrous metals in Woodville near Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
The ISO9001 quality accreditation was granted to the company in 1990 and during the following years the company directors realized the potential to develop and grow Ward Recycling by responding to the waste management needs of modern business and industry.
In 2002 the company expanded to it's second location, a 10 acre site at Ilkeston in Derbyshire, representing a total investment of over £5m.
February 2004 saw continued investment with the installation of the £1m Redox waste recycling plant at the Ilkeston site, further ensuring Ward Recycling's full compliance with European Union waste management and recycling directives.
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £20m, employs over 100 people and operates a fleet of over 30 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets.